1) Would you prefer (or would you have preferred when you were on a course) two or three short lectures per week instead of one lecture per week that lasts six hours?
2) Would you prefer (or would you have preferred when you were on a course) instead one single lecture of three hours per week even if it means that the length of the course will be double?
3) Would it be (or would it have been) better for you to have lectures running just in the morning or just in the afternoon, or did you feel that starting at 12 is fine?
Section two – Please be as detailed as possible
4) What made you choose LSS (or what would make you choose LSS)?
5) Did you consider other schools or alternative options?
6) Did you find other schools better in any respect? (equipment, industry connections, printed brochure, free laptop....)
7) Was there anything in particular that made you decide against a certain school?
8) Which schools did you visit before making your decision?
9) Can you suggest any areas where LSS could have done better?
10) In which way the course at LSS has been useful to you?
11) Can we use some of the answers you gave in this section for our advertisement? (anonymous quote, we will not publish your name)
Section three - Please be as detailed as possible: 'equipment' means software, computers, speakers, instruments etc.
12) Which equipment have you bought immediately before and during your course at LSS? How much have you spent, roughly?
13) How much of this equipment was something that you didn't know before taking your course?
14) Which equipment have you bought and how much have you spent roughly, since leaving the school?
15) In which way your experience at LSS plays a part in what you buy today?
16) Have you changed your opinions (for better or for worse) about certain software or equipment after trying it at school?
17) Have you helped others in choosing what to buy? Could you make an estimate of how much money has been spent based on your advice?
18) Can we use your answers (without using your name!) in our communication to parts of the music industry?
As you should expect we are NOT going to pass personal details to anyone. For the questions about your spending you can choose to reply anonymously by filling the info request form online with some made-up contact details and entering your answers in the info request text-field. You will still need to send some answer by email though, if you want to take part in the prize draw that we have come up with to reward your efforts.
"I never win anything anyway"
No you don't, with that attitude.
If you think that entering prize-draws is a waste of time, let's be real: how many, among the selected few that read this newsletter, will actually bother to reply? Ah! Humane nature! The prize might be modest but the chances are high indeed.
Don't waste another minute, before you forget!
Christmas presents that won't brake the bank
A few ideas which we are sure your mother will appreciate
VOX amp simulator, available in three model: Classic Rock, Metal, and AC30.
You have to try it to believe it. Less than £25.
A real Stylophone, it doesn't get more retro than this. Admittedly you will get sick of it in a nanosecond, but imagine how cool it would be to perform a Stylophone-solo with the London Symphony Orchestra. The Stylophone costs £13, the LSO might be a little more expensive.
A true condenser microphone, from AKG, for less than £50. We probably don't want to know how this can even be possible, but there you are. And never mind what your family and friend say, one can never have too many microphones.